Dated 15-9-1999, the provincial People's Committee of Ba Ria - Vung Tau has issued the Decision No. 4734/1999/QD-UB announced policies to encourage foreign direct investment in the province of Ba Ria - Vung Tau policies include the following:
1. Encourage investment in the fisheries sector, industry, infrastructure construction, tourism and investment in areas with economic conditions - such as social difficulties Xuyen Moc, Long Dat and Chau Duc.
2. Lease rates apply minimum 179/1998/QD-BTC Decision No. 24 2-1998 of the Minister of Finance promulgating the regulation the ground rent, water surface, sea surface application with forms of foreign investment in Vietnam.
3. Water tariff to apply a uniform price for both enterprises and foreign invested enterprises in the country with the Decision and Decision 3194/QD-UBT 3195/QD-UBT People are out of date 10-6-1999 Ba Ria - Vung Tau.
4. On fees and charges: a uniformly applied to the fee schedule to visit Vietnam and Foreigners in the sights, abolition of application fees at licensed foreign direct investment, and charge up management planning in the planning certificate, the revocation of the registration fee for the activities of subcontractors foreign-invested enterprises to use foreign currency to Vietnam to pay the cost, charges and fees.
5. On administrative procedures: Evaluation time and time investment licensing, land leasing procedures applied in the province of Ba Ria - Vung Tau was shortened to 50% compared with the common rules across the country.
Also in Decision 4734/1999/QD-UB, PPC Ba Ria - Vung Tau has issued title
Directory of special projects to encourage investment. According to this decision, the special projects that encourage investment in the project: 80% more products, production of new varieties of high productivity, export over 50% of products, used on 500 worth of labor and raw materials produced in the country account for 30% of production costs, production of new materials, rare, and projects to apply new biological technology, technology e-investment in areas with economic conditions, economic conditions, production of mechanical, electrical, electronics, high added value, mineral exploitation and processing, investment in industrial engineering higher in industrial areas; handling and processing of waste, water pollution treatment, environmental protection for marine areas, investment under BOT, BTO and BT.